The Manhattan (KS) Branch is one of the 10 active branches in Kansas and was established in 1920 at what is now Kansas State University. Our members are knowledgeable, interesting women of various ages and backgrounds joined together to promote the interests and provide support to women and girls in our growing, vibrant community. We also thoroughly enjoy just being together! K-State students and faculty can further take advantage of AAUW’s programs and resources by participating in the AAUW-KSU Partnership program on-campus, which is currently being expanded.
Important goals for our local branch are:
- Passionately uniting to promote the advancement and equity for women in education, career paths, pay, leadership, and economic and political opportunities.
- Sustaining AAUW-Manhattan Branch heritage to the community by providing scholarships to K-State non-traditional female students, career women, and community groups.
- Networking locally and nationally with women who support equal opportunities and advancement for women and girls.
A Manhattan (KS) Branch membership form is available in the Join section.
Interested in obtaining more information about upcoming meetings or membership? Please contact:
- Branch email: email@example.com
- Nancy Bolsen, Membership Vice President (785-565-8720, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Barbara Gatewood, President (785-539-8804, email@example.com)