KONZA PRAIRIE LONG TERM ECOLOGICAL RESEARCH PROGRAM Dr. Jill Haukos, Education Coordinator
AAUW Manhattan Branch
The AAUW Manhattan (KS) Branch is one of the seven active branches in Kansas and was established in 1920. Our members are knowledgeable, interesting women of various ages and backgrounds joined together to promote the interests and provide support to women and girls in our growing, vibrant community. We also thoroughly enjoy just being together! K-State students and faculty can further take advantage of AAUW’s programs and resources by participating in the new student organization, AAUW at Kansas State University. Learn more under the K-STATE PARTNER section or visit them on Facebook @AAUW at K-State.
Important goals for our local branch are:
- Passionately uniting to promote the advancement and equity for women in education, career paths, pay, leadership, and economic and political opportunities.
- Networking locally and nationally with women who support equal opportunities and advancement for women and girls.
- Sustaining AAUW-Manhattan Branch heritage to the community by providing branch scholarships to K-State non-traditional female students.
- Promoting AAUW National fellowships and grants to women scholars and community projects that benefit women and girls.
A Manhattan (KS) Branch membership form is available in the Join section.
Interested in obtaining more information about upcoming meetings or membership? Please contact:
- Branch email: email@example.com
- Marlene VerBrugge (firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-317-1265) and Mary Stamey (email@example.com, 785-565-3295), Co-presidents