For more than 90 years, our local branch has provided many enriching opportunities for professional and personal growth, life-long learning, networking, and socializing. We also have had a positive impact on the Manhattan, university, and surrounding communities.
For example, we . . .
- Provide an opportunity for members to form friendships, network, and learn and grow by participating in monthly branch meetings, interest groups, and other activities.
- Provide a means for women and men to demonstrate support for important branch, state, and national initiatives.
- Keep informed about local, state, and national issues of interest to women through our active public policy chair.
- Co-sponsor candidate forums prior to local and state elections with the Manhattan League of Women Voters.
- Contribute to K-State’s teaching, research, and outreach activities at many levels through participation, programming, and funding. For example, our branch sponsored an art lecture series in the early 1920’s that eventually led to the formation of the Friends of the Beach Museum of Art. This heritage of contribution continues today!
- Generate scholarships funding for nontraditional women students to attend K-State while beginning or completing a degree after an extended absence from school. We also help fund and promote the National AAUW scholarships.
- Enhance the opportunities of faculty and students for equity, leadership, scholarship, and fellowships by supporting the new student organization, AAUW at Kansas State University.
- Strengthen our KSU-AAUW Partnership to better serve on campus students and faculty in such areas as equity, leadership, scholarship, and fellowships.
- Enjoy growing and learning together through our educational programs offered at branch meetings and through participation in special interest groups.
- Encourage girls to enter STEM fields by awarding scholarships to attend K-State Summer STEM Institute.
Visit the Join Us section for more information on membership.