The American Association of University Women, founded in 1881, is a nationwide community with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and 800 college and university (C/U) partners. Our mission is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. One of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women, AAUW is providing $4.3 million in funding for fellowships and grants to 270 outstanding women and nonprofit organizations in the 2019–20 academic year. It continues to have a dynamic influence on policymakers, educators, employers, and communities to break through barriers and enhance opportunities for women.
Benefits of National Membership
- Provide access to AAUW’s:
- Resources on current educational, social, economic, and political issues, such as gender equity in education, pay, and professional advancement.
- Fellowships, grants, and scholarships – the second largest source for women in the U.S.
- Community Action Grants to women, AAUW branches, and local nonprofit organizations for innovative programs that promote education and equity.
- Legal Advocacy Fund to protect civil liberties and rights.
- Opportunities for:
- Career, leadership, and self-development programs.
- Connecting with women who are national and international leaders.
To learn more about the benefits of joining AAUW, see the AAUW National website.